PATHWAYS TO SUCCESS SCHOLARSHIP & LEADERSHIP PROGRAM
The Coachella Valley Economic Partnership's Pathways to Success Scholarship and Leadership Program is changing the culture of college going by offering sizeable scholarships to Coachella Valley undergraduate students (like you) with demonstrated financial need who wish to complete an undergraduate college degree. If awarded a scholarship you will be linked to a wide variety of leadership and student support services designed to help you succeed in college and your professional career.
Our goal at Pathways to Success is to provide the financial resources and student support services to students who have clear career goals, students who have demonstrated leadership or involvement in their community or school, and students who have the desire and motivation to succeed. Our GPA requirements for eligibility are broad. We require a 2.0 GPA or above for first and second year college students, and a 2.5 GPA or above for third and fourth year college students. We fully recognize that your GPA should not be the sole determining factor in your ability to attend and succeed in college. But, we also recognize that you may need additional help, advising and academic assistance once you are in college.
For that reason, if awarded you will be linked to Pathways to Success support services that provide workshops on college readiness and financial management, training in how to navigate your way through college, and one-on-one counseling. In addition, you will be included in the Pathways to Success Leadership program, which is designed to help you develop your full potential in college and cultivate the skills essential for your success as a professional.
Scholarship & Leadership Program Application
The Pathways to Success Scholarship and Leadership Program will begin accepting applications in December 2016. In the interim, we encourage students to begin working on the following:
1. College / University Applications: Begin College / university applications on October 1, 2016 for Fall 2017 admissions. Current college students should follow their respective term enrollment schedule.
2. Personal Essay: Tell us about yourself, in 500 to 1,300 words, why you feel you deserve this scholarship and what you hope to achieve with a college education.
If you are a renewal scholarship applicant, please tell us how CVEP’s Pathways to Success scholarship has helped you move closer towards achieving your academic and professional goals, and why you deserve a renewal scholarship.
3. Letters of Recommendation: Request two (2) letters of recommendation from individuals who are knowledgeable about your academic and leadership capabilities, skills and talents (e.g. professor, counselor or community leader). Letters must have been written within the past two years.
4. List of Activities: List all of your academic and/or extracurricular, community, volunteer and family activities and special achievements or hobbies. Include specific events and/or major accomplishments, such as musical instruments played, varsity letters earned, art contests entered/won, etc...
5. FAFSA or California Aid Application: Complete your 2017-2018 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or the California Student Aid Application starting October 1, 2016.